Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life goes on

So I have not been very diligent in blogging. For most of you who know me well I tend to work too much, which is probably the case now. About a month ago I purchased a second house. It is next door to my first house. Yes I know that is kind of funny, the neighbors are teasing me about how some day I will own the whole block. That I assure you is not going to be the case. I Saw this house for sale and saw it as a good opportunity to buy a home at a very low price and fix it up how I wanted it. This seemed to be a good idea at first, but I am in for probably a ton of work. I started by taking out the floors and the wall between the kitchen and living room. Then I took out the bathroom, yeah the whole thing. Then I took out the hall ceiling and all of the air conditioning duct work. So now I have a huge hole in the center of my house that goes into the attic. Insulation everywhere and remnants of drywall and other things are everywhere. This place is now really a mess. So I am in it for the long haul. And I finally got my first mortgage payment yesterday. So hopefully in a few months I will be done and I can move in. I am working a lot for work and so I have to manage my time very wisely, to fit in time to work on the house. Hopefully I will have some more time off as the slow season for my work should soon be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment