Today I quit lds link up and lds mingle. I started profiles on these websites with the hopes of meeting new people, but it was not so. So farewell to both of them, I was on lds mingle for a few months and lds link up for two years. Nothing really good came from ether so I decided I was through with both of them.
Saturday was the first day of Easter pageant practice. It started a 8:30 in the morning and went till 4pm. I am an angel in the pageant and I was a bit nervous about going to practice. I really don't know too many people in the pageant and out of a room of 35 or so people I knew maybe one or two, and besides that I am the oldest person there I think. But a couple of hours into it I was feeling a bit better about the whole thing. The pageant director is really nice and she talked to us quite a bit about our responsibilities. She said that we were cast because they felt like we could handle the tasks and that we would be mature and reverent in our duties. Apparently last year there was quite a bit of difficulty in this. They did not cast many people from last year because they did not act mature enough and were not reverent while doing their duties. But all that aside the day was good and I am enjoying being a part of something I have always wanted to do. I feel very fortunate that I am doing this. For many years I have wanted to be a part of this really I've wanted to be an angel and go on top of the stage. And for many years I have not been able too because of school, and having too many responsibilities at home. So now that my life has become less complex I can, and I am looking forward to next Saturdays practice.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah ldsmingle and all that..im still on linkup but dont go to the other sites anymore. I use Linkup for posting when I need a roomie and sometimes I look at the other message boards.
ReplyDeleteI need to txt Bro Flores about wanting to be a pageant warrior. Thanks for the reminder. I hope this years cast is more reverent. Sounds like it!
i never found much good on the LDS dating websites to be honest. Lots of weridos living in their mama's basements....lots of old guys thiking they were 25 again, see also living in their mama's basement.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying the pagent. I think I'm the only sibling that never actually got into the pagent. But that's ok...I probably would have hated all day practice.